Nutrition & Mental Wellbeing of School Children in Tribal India: A Training Program for Principals and Teachers
Ministry of Tribal affairs in collaboration with National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS) and Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) has undertaken to develop and implement training workshop for school principals and teachers to address the nutritional & mental wellbeing of schoolchildren in tribal India. The training will be delivered for 4 days in a workshop mode at the identified regional centres. The session would have lecture using PowerPoint presentation, short videos, case discussion, group work, role-plays, assignment etc.
Objectives Of Course
The aim of the program is to improve the physical, nutritional & mental health status of schoolchildren of tribal regions in India through capacity building of principals and teachers in ensuring health and well-being of target population (School children).
The objectives of the program are:
- • To develop professionally updated and culturally sensitive training content for school principals and teachers regarding nutritional & mental health issues among students.
- To orient, improve understanding and strengthen skills of school principals and teachers to address the nutritional & mental wellbeing of students.
There will be contact sessions using PowerPoint presentation, short videos, case discussion, group work, role-plays, assignment etc. The sessions will be delivered by eminent faculty and experts. A pre and post tests will be conducted at the beginning and end of the program to measure improvement. Participants will be provided hard copies of modules and reading and reference materials.
Principals and Senior Teachers of Residential Tribal Schools under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. Ministry of Tribal Affairs will nominate the participants (Principals and Teachers) from Eklavya Model Residential Schools across the country.
- Health and Well-being
- Nutritional Health among School Children
- Mental Health Issues among School Children
- Role of Teachers: Pillars in ensuring the wellbeing of the School Children